Patrick Sinclair joins CARES after having spent the last eight years working with nonprofits that serve inner city youth and families in Los Angeles. Most recently, Patrick served as Vice President at Para Los Niños, one of Los Angeles’s oldest and most respected social service agencies, serving a population of 7500 low-income children through eight Early Education centers, three charter schools, and six counseling and abuse intervention sites.
Prior his work with Para Los Niños, Patrick spent nearly six years with the Partnership for Los Angles Schools, former Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa’s initiative to turn around the lowest performing schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District. Earlier in his career, Patrick spent more than two decades working with nonprofits and major public affairs and communications firms. He moved to Los Angeles in the 1990s where he assumed the role of Executive Director for Progress Los Angeles, a successful nonprofit initiative, launched by then Mayor Richard Riordan, that led reform of the city’s land use process.
Neftali Galarza, Director of Community Outreach
Neftali is a proud Coachella native, having grown up in Oasis, CA, a small agricultural community located on the edge of the Salton Sea.
After graduating from nearby Desert Mirage High School, he earned his Bachelor of Art's degree in Political Science with a minor in labor Studies from the University of California, Riverside.
Previous to joining C.A.R.E.S., Nefatli worked for the Council of Mexican Federations (COFEM) and the Southwest Voter Registration and Education Project (SVREP.) He also served an internship for Assemblyman Eduardo Garcia’s Capitol Office (AD-56.)
Neftali currently serves as a Trustee for the Coachella Valley Unified School District, representing Oasis
and other communities surrounding the Salton Sea.
- Coachella Valley Economic Partnership
- East Valley Coalition
- California Legislative Conference of the Plumbing, Heating, and Piping Industry
- California Plumbing & Mechanical Contractors Association
- Central Labor Council, AFL-CIO of San Bernardino & Riverside Counties
- State Building & Construction Trades Council
- San Bernardino / Riverside Counties Building Trades Council
- San Diego County Building Trades Council
- Los Angeles / Orange Counties Building Trades Council
- San Francisco Building & Constructions Trade Council
- International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 12
- International Brotherhood of Boilmakers
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Locals 6, 11, 40, 47, 234, 440, 441, 477, 569, 595, 617, and 952
- California & Nevada State Association of Electrical Workers
- LA National Electrical Contractors Association
- Laborers International Union of North America Local 1184
- United Association, Locals 16, 78, 230, 364, 398, and 460
- City of Blythe
- City of Coachella